Wireless GO is an ultra-compact digital wireless microphone system which is unique in its clip’n’go versatility, incredibly compact form-factor, and unmatched price accessibility. It’s the perfect wireless mic solution for content creators in all disciplines: filmmakers, on-camera presenters, newsgatherers, vloggers and more
Rode’s Wireless GO is what the company is calling ‘the world’s smallest, most versatile’ compact wireless microphone system on the market. The heart of the unit consists of a transmitter and receiver.
The unique selling point of the Wireless GO, however, is that its transmitter unit contains an omnidirectional condenser microphone and a clip. This means it can double as either a clip-on mic or a belt pack for a lavalier (either Rode’s model or a third party unit).
The transmitter then sends the audio to Rode’s Series II 2.4GHz receiver.
Rode Wireless Go Microphone
Rode’s Wireless GO system uses a 2.4GHz frequency band and offers a range of about 250 feet. Rode designed the transmitter with a pre-polarized and pressure-operated internal capsule that features an omnidirectional pickup pattern and frequency range of 50Hz to 20kHz. It also boasts a standard 3.5mm TRS input.
Both the transmitter and receiver have a clip, and the unit runs on a rechargeable internal battery that lasts up to seven hours on a single charge.
The Rode Wireless GO also supports external battery packs during operation for continuous use.
The receiver unit has a 3.5mm TRS output for monitoring or connecting to recording devices, such as a camera or dedicated audio recorder. It also features a colour LCD screen for viewing and adjusting settings.
The Transmitter (TX)
The transmitter acts as either a quick and easy clip-on wireless mic, thanks to a high-quality built-in omnidirectional condenser capsule, or as the world’s smallest beltpack transmitter for a lavalier microphone via the 3.5mm TRS input. The Wireless GO’s quick clip-on capabilities make it perfect for journalists and vloggers in the field: never miss the action as it happens.
The Receiver (RX)
The RX is just as compact, which makes your rig that much easier to carry and facilitates mounting on a range of camera gimbals and stabilisers. Its dual-purpose mount sits snug in your camera’s shoe mount, or clips easily onto your camera strap or an item of clothing. The supplied 3.5mm TRS output cable plugs into your camera’s audio input or, with the relevant available RØDE adaptors, into your recorder, GoPro, iPhone etc.
- Audio: Delivers crystal clear audio under any conditions/up to 70m range, but optimized for shorter-range operation
- Power: TX and RX have built-in USB-C rechargeable batteries/up to 7 hours on a full charge, including a battery saver mode
- Advanced: The transmitter and receiver pair in just 3 seconds/3-stage output pad: 0, -6dB and -12dB/use up to 8 systems in one location
- If you want to use Rode SmartLav+ with Wireless Go Transmitter you require Rode SC3
- If you want to use Wireless Go with Mobile Phone you have to use Rode SC7, many Chinese mobile brands may not support it
- Use Rode Lavaliere Go if you want external lapel mic