1. She’s independent. There’s nothing sexier than a woman who loves a little space. Ladies who are dedicated gym goers have no problem striking out on their own to get a workout in, making time spent with a partner that much more special.
2. She knows how to relax. Working up a sweat helps relieve tension and stress and also chemically enhances happiness (Elle Woods said it best: “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy”), so chances are high that she’s easy to hang with.
3. She’s got confidence. Whether she loves the body she currently has or is actively working to get there, building confidence is one of the major benefits of exercise. Self-assurance is one of the most attractive qualities women can posses.
4. She’s tough — inside and out. The whole weaker-sex thing is passé. Nice of him to offer, but you can carry your own luggage through the airport, and yeah, that’s right — you don’t pack light. But beyond obvious outer strength, guys love that strong girls know what they want and that they always put in the work to get it.
5. She’s motivated. A fit gal instantly sends the message that she’s got energy to spare outside of the spin studio, whether it’s planning a night out or an active night in.
6. She respects herself (and her body). The body is a temple, and an athlete knows it. When a woman recognizes her body’s strength, she makes good decisions and builds healthy habits to keep it strong. And even further, she’ll stand up for herself if and when she needs to. Guys don’t mess.
7. She never backs down from a challenge. Outside the gym, a tough girl always holds her own when it comes to her well-being, career, and relationships. She won’t slink away from a difficult situation or conversation and is always game to push her limits.
8. She’s flexible. And we’re not just talking about how cool she is when her man’s held up at work on date night. It’s no secret that being bendy is a huge turn-on, and athletic women are more likely than not to have long, lean, flexible muscles. The ones you kind of need for these Olympic-inspired sex positions.
9. She’s always up for an adventure. Men love a woman who seeks out wild new experiences and fun escapades. Athletes are game for all sorts of creative, interesting dates and are totally into trying new things with their partner.
10. She knows what teamwork means. Anyone who’s ever played a sport knows just how important it is to be a team player, and that trait holds true in relationships as well. She gets why compromise and empathy are crucial to make love last and keep their partner happy.