The Indian Direct Selling Association IDSA is an autonomous, self-regulatory body for the direct selling industry in India. The Association acts as an interface between the industry and policy-making bodies of the Government facilitating the cause of Direct Selling Industry in India.
IDSA strives to create and further an environment conducive to the growth of direct selling industry in India, partnering industry and government alike through advisory and consultative activities..
IDSA catalyses change by working closely with government on policy issues, enhancing efficiency and ushering in desired credibility, clarity & confidence in Direct Selling.
History of IDSA
IDSA was formed with five companies including our current members Amway, Avon and Oriflame to protect the ideals and opportunities of what was then a sunrise industry. The Association was incorporated in Mumbai in 1996 and moved its registered office to New Delhi in 1998, from where it continues to operate.
Since Inception the Association has grown to several members representing over a million independent salespeople in India and still counting.
IDSA’s members are leading Indian and international organizations engaged in the business of direct selling in India.
IDSA Past Chairpersons:
Vision & Mission
To continuously work for Direct Selling towards bringing recognition and making is one of the most sought & respected industries in India.
- To enhance lives by sharing and protecting the Direct Selling opportunity for personal, professional and financial development.
- To work towards a policy framework for Direct Selling with the Government and stakeholders.
- To encourage and maintain an environment where members can operate independently, ethically and progressively, where Direct Selling is regarded with merit by the entire community.
- To provide information and developments on Direct Selling
- To distinguish between legitimate Direct Selling and illegitimate / Fraudulent players
- To address the concerns of Direct Selling entities, consumers and Industry stakeholders
- To work towards creating awareness about Direct Selling
- To act as a unanimous voice of the organised Direct Selling Industry
- To act as a self-regulated, autonomous body, promoting the IDSA Code of Ethics and ensuring the member companies abide by the same
Know More Click Here
Know More Click Here
Code of Ethics
IDSA Code of Ethics in English – Download Pdf
If you have a concern against a direct selling company that is a member of an Indian Direct Selling Association (IDSA) for any business practice you believe is unethical or illegal and a possible violation of the Code of Conduct, we recommend the following available options.
1. First, try to resolve the matter directly with the company. Every company that is a member of an Indian Direct Selling Association (Indian DSA) must adhere to their Code of Ethics. Try to resolve your complaint with the company first. Your complaint should be in writing, and should include the following basic information:
- The date and details of the incident
- The parties involved
- If possible, identify the Code violation you believe has occurred
- Efforts you have made to resolve the matter
- List the amount and cost of a product, if relevant, include invoices or other supporting documents
- Any responses the other parties have made to resolve the matter
- The current status of the complaint
- How you would like to see the complaint resolved or remedied.
2. If you are still not satisfied, contact OUR Code Administrator providing HER with a description of your complaint in writing.
3. You can contact the Code Administrator directly with a copy to our Secretary General at
Ms. Asha Idnani
Flat 301, Link Way
14th ROAD, Near Jain Arcade
Phone: 91-22-2600 0067
Mobile: 098204 19962
Hem Kumar Pande
S-318, First Floor,
New Delhi – 110017
Mr. Rana Banerjee
Indian Direct Selling Association
504, 5th Floor; Ansal Manisha Building
75-76 Nehru Place; New Delhi (India) – 110 019
Phone: +91- (011) 2628 2017
Fax : +91- (011) 2628 2045
Founded in 1978, the WFDSA is a non-governmental, voluntary organization globally representing the direct selling industry as a federation of national Direct Selling Associations. Direct selling involves the marketing of products and services directly to consumers in a face-to-face manner, away from permanent retail locations.
WFDSA’s membership consists of more than 59 national direct selling associations and one regional Federation, with one delegate from each association, as well as a number of regional and global officers, serving as the Board of Directors.
The IDSA and WFDSA table annual plans to take steps so that an environment that supports direct selling emerges and the independent entrepreneurs can create fulfilling careers in direct selling just like in over 150 nations of the world.
Apply for Membership
Know More – Click Here
Who can become Members of IDSA?
- Any Direct Selling company having operations in India for more than one year in trading, manufacturing & distributing FMCG products.
- If a company is into trading of products and does not manufacture/produce the products itself, then the company should either own the trade name/mark or have exclusive rights to sell and/or distribute those products.
- If the company manufactures or produces the services by itself, then the product or service being offered is completely owned or controlled by the company (including manufacturing).
- The methods of operation are fair and comply with the Model Code of Ethics and all relevant Indian legislation.
- The company and its Promoters should be of sound financial standing.
- The company must sign to abide by the Model Code of Ethics.
- The company submits all fees as required by the Association.
- The company must submit all required documents for scrutiny along with the completed application form.
Know More – Click Here