Consider this: your house catches on fire and you can only escape with five things – what would they be? If your laptop is one of the things you thought of, you might have a deeper relationship with it than you realized. While smartphones are probably the most important electronic equipments in our lives, for some of us laptops are as important – if not more. Here are 14 telltale signs that your laptop is the one true love of your life.
1. You had to work your ass off to be able to welcome her into your life.
Whether it’s the latest MacBook Air or a regular Acer, nothing comes for free – and you got yours after saving up for months.
2. She is the first one you greet after coming back home.
You literally make a beeline towards your laptop and turn it on as soon as you step home, and as she whirs into life you feel complete.
3. When you’re with her, you feel like there is a whole world of possibilities open to you.
Research for your presentation? Watch a movie? Correspond with your friends and family? Or simply waste time looking at cute pictures of cats? There’s nothing that you cannot do!
4. She’s the only one you share all your secrets and fears with.
Literally. Because she knows your internet history and your porn folders. Your teetering credit card balance and your guilty ego-fanning online purchases.
5. You can shut out the whole world when you are with her.
All you need is a comfortable corner, an uninterrupted internet connection and a good pair of headphones – and the rest of the world can go to hell for all you care.
6. She can keep you up till late in the night, even though you have to get up early the next day.
Because there is no arguing with ‘just half an hour more’ when the lights are out and you are a night owl.
7. There have been so many times you have gone off to sleep with her lying next to you.
Pressing the sleep button and then falling asleep before you can put away your laptop properly.
8. You cannot wait for the weekend when you can spend the whole day with her.
Who cares about productivity or socializing? You have everything you need in this 12-inch screen.
9. You never tire of buying her new things and making her look and feel better.
That proud moment when you get a new laptop skin or update your software, making you feel truly new and alive. THAT.
10. Your friends and family think she’s not good for you and try to break you up, but they don’t understand your love.
They think you are damaging your eyes and your social skills; that you should probably get up and about more often. Oh what do they know!
11. You take her with you wherever you go.
Just like an inseparable lover, your laptop’s with you whether you go on a trip or work.
12. You cannot bear the thought of her falling sick, even though she may be getting older and slower.
Just like people, machines also run out of life. Their screens go out, the motherboard falters and the hard drive crashes. It’s just tragic when it happens to yours.
13. When she dies, you feel a hollow emptiness inside – till you feel it’s time to move on.
It is so hard to let go and forget about your faithful lappy. You just cannot function normally without it. And then you have to make the hardest choice – replacing her.
14. You may get a young, exciting replacement to your old girl, but you still cannot forget how comfortable and familiar your relationship used to be.
New features, sleek and smooth – but this new snazzy replacement will take a long time to fill in the shoes of your departed love. But when she does, it’s a new love story all over again.