Do you remember all the troubles that you had to go through to get your beloved permanent DL? Early morning driving classes and taking the tough DL test? But, no matter how careful we may be in keeping our documents safe, sometimes they are misplaced or lost. What do we do if we lose our driving licenses? Transport Offices across India offer duplicate driving licenses in case the holder has lost the original or if the original driving license has been stolen.
In case you have lost your original driving license or if it has been stolen or mutilated, you can get a duplicate driving license from the same RTO that issued your DL. You can apply for a duplicate DL either online or directly at the RTO without any hassles.
Documents Required for Duplicate Driving License
In case you wish to apply for a Duplicate Driver’s Licence following the loss of your original driver licence, you will be required to submit the following documents for the purpose. The following list of documents is required to obtain a Duplicate DL. This list of documents may or may not vary for each state.
- Application Form LLD (for intimation of loss or destruction of driving license and application for duplicate)
- A First Instance Report (FIR) or NCR of the licence, in case it is lost or stolen.
- Original Licence (if he same is in a torn, mutilated or soiled state).
- Attested photocopies of the original driver licence (in case the same is lost).
- Details of the Driving Licence
- Passport sized photographs
- Address Proof documents for reference
- Age proof documents for reference